Resources - Click Here
Crisis Text Line
Imagine By Northpoint
Passages Family Support
Odyssey Youth Movement
CVSD Student and Family Engagement Center
Teen & Kid Closet
What Does a School Counselor Do?
School counselors work to maximize student success, promoting access and equity for all students. As vital members of the school leadership team, school counselors create a school culture of success for all.
School counselors help all students:
• apply academic achievement strategies
• manage emotions and apply interpersonal skills
• plan for postsecondary options (higher education, military, work force)
Appropriate duties include providing:
• individual student academic planning and goal setting
• school counseling classroom lessons based on student success standards
• short-term counseling to students
• referrals for long-term support
• collaboration with families/teachers/ administrators/ community for student success
• advocacy for students at individual education plan meetings and other student-focused
• data analysis to identify student issues, needs and challenges
• acting as a systems change agent to improve equity and access, achievement and
opportunities for all students
If it is outside our office hours and you are in personal severe crisis, please call First Call For Help at 1.877.266.1818 to speak with a community counselor. You can also text 741-741 to connect to a counselor via text 24/7.